International flights to Vietnam are available from major cities around the world. The main international airports in Vietnam are Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City and Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi. These airports serve as gateways to the country, receiving flights from various destinations globally.
Flights from Australia
There are several airlines that offer flights from Australia to Vietnam, including Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar, Qantas, and AirAsia. The most common routes are from major Australian cities like Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth to Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi. Flight durations vary depending on the route and layovers, but generally, flights take around 7-9 hours. It is recommended to check with the airlines for the most up-to-date information on schedules, fares, and any travel restrictions or requirements due to COVID-19.
Flights from North America
When flying from North America to Vietnam, there are several major airports often used as departure points. The two most common departure cities in North America for flights to Vietnam are Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO). These airports have direct flights to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) and Hanoi (HAN), which are the two main international airports in Vietnam.
The flight duration from North America to Vietnam can vary depending on the route and layovers, but typically it takes between 16 to 22 hours to reach Vietnam. Some airlines that offer direct or one-stop flights from North America to Vietnam include Vietnam Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Korean Air, and American Airlines.
It’s important to check the visa requirements before traveling to Vietnam. Non-Vietnamese citizens usually need a visa to enter the country, but some nationalities may be eligible for a visa exemption or visa on arrival. It’s recommended to check with the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your country for the most up-to-date information on visa requirements.
Flights from Europe
Flying from Europe to Vietnam typically involves a long-haul international flight. The most common route is from major European hubs like London, Paris, Frankfurt, or Amsterdam to either Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
Several airlines operate direct flights between Europe and Vietnam, including Vietnam Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Aeroflot, Air France, and Lufthansa. However, many flights may have one or two stopovers, usually in the Middle East or Asia, depending on the airline and the specific route chosen.
The duration of the flight varies depending on the departure city and the chosen airline. On average, the flight duration is around 11-13 hours for direct flights, but can be longer with stopovers.
Flights from Asia
There are several airlines that offer flights from various cities in Asia to Vietnam. Some popular routes include:
– From Bangkok, Thailand: Thai Airways, VietJet Air, Bangkok Airways
– From Singapore: Vietnam Airlines, Scoot Airlines, Jetstar Asia
– From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: AirAsia, Malaysia Airlines, VietJet Air
– From Hong Kong: Cathay Pacific, Vietnam Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines
– From Seoul, South Korea: Korean Air, Vietnam Airlines, Asiana Airlines
– From Tokyo, Japan: Vietnam Airlines, Japan Airlines, All Nippon Airways
– Flying from China to Vietnam is a popular route for both tourists and business travelers. The distance between China and Vietnam is relatively short, making it convenient to travel by air. There are several airports in China that offer direct flights to various cities in Vietnam, including Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. Some of the major airlines that operate flights between China and Vietnam include Air China, China Southern Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, and VietJet Air. The duration of the flight depends on the departure and arrival cities, but on average, it takes around 2 to 3 hours. It is recommended to check with the airlines for specific flight schedules and booking options.
These are just a few examples, and there are many more flight options available depending on your specific departure city in Asia. It is recommended to use flight search engines, such as Skyscanner or Kayak, to compare prices and schedules for your desired travel dates.