June to July is the summer season in Vietnam. Here’s the general weather during this period:
Northern Vietnam (Hanoi and Halong Bay):
– June: The temperatures range from 25°C (77°F) to 35°C (95°F). It is hot and humid with occasional rain showers.
– July: The temperatures continue to climb, ranging from 26°C (79°F) to 36°C (97°F). Rain showers and thunderstorms are common during this time.
Central Vietnam (Hoi An, Danang, and Hue):
– June: It is hot and dry, with temperatures ranging from 25°C (77°F) to 35°C (95°F). Rainfall is still relatively low.
– July: The temperatures increase further, ranging from 26°C (79°F) to 37°C (99°F). Rain showers and occasional typhoons may occur, especially towards the end of July.
Southern Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City and Mekong Delta):
– June: It is hot and humid throughout the month, with temperatures ranging from 25°C (77°F) to 35°C (95°F). Occasional rain showers are common.
– July: The temperatures continue to be hot and humid, ranging from 25°C (77°F) to 34°C (93°F). Heavy rain showers and thunderstorms are frequent, but they usually do not last long.
Overall, June and July are characterized by high temperatures and humidity in Vietnam, with intermittent rain showers or thunderstorms in different regions. It’s advisable to check the local weather forecast before planning outdoor activities.
What to expect if you travel to Vietnam in June and July
June and July is the high season for domestic travel so most major attractions are packed with people. It is also the monsoonal season which makes it not as comfortable for a good swim due to the constant wave-ful ocean. There are no significant holidays happening in June and July but because of the large volume of domestic tourists, it is wise to book your ticket well in advance to meet your travel agenda.
Hue festival often takes place between late June and mid-July. It is one of the highlighted cultural events that are well attended by both local and tourists alike. There are grand music shows and city-wide celebration of Hue culture: many are held in the courtyard of the Old Citadel. The festival organizers often maintain a website with detail information on festival schedule and ticket details so stay tuned.
* June 1: International Children Day
* June 21: Vietnam Journalists’ Day
* July 27: Vietnam Veteran Day
* June 28: Vietnam Family Day
Read more: Best time to visit Vietnam